What Google Told Me about Taking a Hike: Starved Rock Hiking Trip


Since Fall is short lived in the Chicago area, this high maintenance diva decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and explore what Illinois has to offer as well. Now I'll be completely honest, before trekking out to Starved Rock National Park I had to do a couple of Google searches.

First, was "What to wear when taking a hike in the fall." My Google hits advised layers and comfortable clothes. I decided on wearing my Uggs, yoga pants and my favorite Indiana University long sleeved t-shirt.

My second search was "What to pack when going on a hike." This time I was advised to pack food, clothes, and first aid. I decided on a hoodie, two granola bars, two bottled waters, and my camera.

See below for some of the photos I took. If you live in the area I advise that Starved Rock in the Fall is the best time to visit. The colors were breath taking and it was just so peaceful.












Comments

Popular Posts