Things All 20 Somethings Do

I've recently become increasingly aware that I'm getting old. Yes, I know i'm only 27 but I've come to notice that I can't stay up past 11:30 or even out past 12 without waking up at 9am the next day. I do the more responsible thing, like get to bed by 9pm so I can make it into work at 6:30am. I cook more and count calories, I make time for the gym and my friends are getting pregnant on purpose. If you're a 20 something, not in college, then you can definitely relate to some of those things. I've also noticed that there are a couple of things that you do now that categorizes you as a 20 something like the following:

1) You are addicted to BuzzFeed and Thought Catalog. While you like to stay current on actual real world event you still like to read trashy pop culture articles. I'll openly admit I read any article about Jennifer Lawrence and even took to quiz determining if we were soul mate besties (I scored a 70!). 

2) You read Young Adult Novels or Nonfiction by Comedians. We all do it and we are all ashamed of it but it's hard to find a book genre in your 20s. You don't want to read the romance, mystery or political books for adults because they bore you and you don't feel like you can relate to books for the 30 and over crowd. So if you're not reading young adult novels like The Hunger Games Series or re-reading Harry Potter, you read nonfiction autobiographies by comedians like Bossy Pants by Tina Fey, Is Everyone Hangout without Me by Mindy Kaling or Lies that Chelsea told Me by Chelsea Handler. 

3) You Binge watch TV. You spend Monday through Friday at work, you work 10-12 hours a day. You live by yourself so after going to the gym, cooking dinner and cleaning up you want nothing more then the watch TV. However, if you're like me your schedule is to crazy to consistently keep up with your favorite TV shows, so you binge watch three or four episodes at a time on Netflix. 

4) You Quit Caring about New Social Media. You have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest and it's hard enough to keep up with them all. Your Twitter account is basically retweets and none of your own originally wittiness anymore, you use Facebook to keep in touch with people and not stalk your ex's and you actually do the things you pin on Pinterest. You don't know what Vine is, you refuse to use Snap Chat because you think it for sending inappropriate photos only. Plus, Bandoo, Tinder and Viber all sound like new slang that annoying teenagers use like the word "ratchet." 

Comments

Popular Posts